Opportunities To Get More InvolvedFirstly, thank you for being part of ASO, whatever part you play, however big or small you feel your contribution is, your presence among us enriches the experience for all of us.
This page exists for those of you who are feeling like you'd maybe like to be a bit more involved but are not quite sure what the options are, how you could help, or are a bit tentative about offering because you don't want to get lumbered with a rubbish job and feel put upon forever. So to start with let's just clear up the latter issue: here at ASO we don't ever want you to feel burdened by roles or like you have to do excessive amounts of anything you don't want to.
At ASO we want you to join in because you want to.
We are currently looking for new committee members and volunteers to help serve tea and coffee.A number of long standing members of the committee are constitutionally obliged to stand down in October so we are looking to recruit new members now for a smooth handover.
or to express an interest in getting more involved in the life of the orchestra
please email email@example.com.
- We want you to join in because it will enrich your life in some way.
- We want you to join the committee so you can influence how the orchestra runs and what we do.
- We want you to help with the tea & coffees because it's a great way of getting to know people.
- We want you to transpose parts because you want to make sure everyone can join in and enjoy playing with us.
- We want you to offer because you like that warm fuzzy feeling you get from helping out.
- We want you to share your ideas so we can put them all in the pot and come up with exciting new events.
- We want you to play with us because it's fun and makes you smile.
- We want you to get stuck in because you enjoy learning new skills and want to understand how it all works.
- We want you to help with the publicity because you want the orchestra to thrive and grow so we can play more of those big juicy pieces.
- We want you to share your skills and help others so that our collective skill base grows and so we can reach more people.
- We want you to have a go at conducting because it's great fun and you never know, you might turn out to be really good at it!
- We want you to give us your feedback so we get a feel for how best to plan and improve and cater to our ever-changing demographic.
- We want you to help with the music because you love rummaging through old music and getting a sneak preview of your part.
- We want you to compose something for us for the amazing thrill of hearing your music come to life in rehearsal.
- We want you to join in because it's a great way of making new friends and we'd love to have you playing with us.
- We want you to have so much fun that you can't help but tell the stranger you met on the bus who just happens to play french horn about us!
We really are a very sociable organisation and we thrive when everyone mucks in and does what they can to help out, so thank you to each of you for every single way that you contribute to the life and soul of the orchestra.